Are you a human habit machine?
Here's a quick test, taken from Flex:Do Something Different:
DO YOU OFTEN...
- wear the same outfit because it’s easy or comfortable?
- express the same view?
- do something you said you'd give up doing?
- sit in the same spot to watch TV or eat a meal?
- visit the same holiday destination?
- recall negative things that people have said or done to you?
- watch a regularly scheduled TV programme?
- get bothered when people change plans at the last minute?
The answer is to do something different. Why? Because it help improve a person's behavioural flexibility. And years of doing psychological research have convinced me that behavioural flexibility is the one critical asset we all need for a healthy and happy life.
That's why Do Something Different runs through all the work I do. It's incredibly powerful, and it's fun and life-enhancing too.
We deliver behaviour change tools based on do something different via www.dsd.me and......
NOW - A NEW BOOK!
I'm so excited because we've put all the science and the methods for Do Something Different into ONE FABULOUS NEW BOOK.
It's called Flex: Do Something Different, How to use the other 9/10ths of your personality.
(Published by UH Press. See panel below right).
It's released on 16th January 2012 and is available from Amazon for pre-order.
I hope you'll buy it, particularly if your habits need a good old shake-up!