OK, so you've finished your Christmas shopping …. or have you?
Will you be tempted to buy your friend that 'little extra'? Or find you've bought more presents than you needed and add to the relatives' pile?
More than a third (35%) of people say they're disappointed with how the gifts they've bought look when wrapped up and fall victim to 'gift creep', splashing out on last-minute additions, according to research by Currys & PC World.
And nearly a quarter (23%) of people in their survey reported worrying that the other person has spent more, which can lead to nipping out for that little 'extra something'.
It seems some of us just don't know when to stop shopping!
2. You worry someone won’t like what you’ve bought them, so you add another gift (like some luxury chocolates) on top to soften the effect
3. Before someone visits at Christmas you look around to see if there’s anything else you could give them
4. After wrapping all your gifts you feel anxious that the size and number of parcels looks a bit on the small side
5. You lie awake at night totting up how much you’ve spent on people - then try to even up the numbers so as not to appear stingy
6. You’re all spent out …. but can’t resist those last minute stocking fillers at the till
7. You buy a gift for someone, forgetting you've already bought them something, and end up giving them both
So if you've finished, try to draw a line under the shopping and say 'enough's enough'!
Otherwise, gift creep creeps up year-on-year until it reaches unmanageable, and un-financeable, levels.