Wasn’t it summer just a couple of weeks ago?
Here are some tips to help you manage your Christmas finances:
* Talk honestly to your kids about what you can afford. It will help
them in the future if they don’t associate Christmas with a huge amount of
* Agree a capped price for presents with your friends and family or
get together in advance and draw a name out of a hat and buy a present for
only that person.
* Make a list of what you need to buy before you go shopping and draw
up a budget.
* Shop gradually over the forthcoming weeks. Don’t leave it until the
* Check out offers from online retailers. Do a price comparison by
visiting one of the comparison websites like
www.kelkoo.co.uk and consider buying new or used items cheaply through eBay.
* Leave home without your credit cards and take only the amount of
cash you’re planning to spend. Having to use cash will make you think before
you buy something.