Wednesday 31 October 2007

October 31st 2007

The response to our survey has been fantastic. Not only have over 200 women completed the questionnaire (following the link from www.sheconomics.com) but a huge number have added their own personal stories. The honesty and frankness of these women is heartwarming. Many tell of struggles with finance and debt and of trying to overcome the urge to splurge. A lot of 'compensatory consumption' seems to go on too, but these women never lose their sense of humour.
Here's one example
“I only shop for shoes when I am overweight as I do not have to face the fact that I may have gone up dress size as shoes always stay the same size - I have over 150 pairs of shoes, so I must have been overweight a lot.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note we do not accept comments from anonymous users.